Friday, March 11, 2011

Welcome to the Monkey Blog

Friends of Monkey Grip:

There's no shortage of available information out there these days, is there? I mean, we've got our official Monkey Grip site already, and there's a ReverbNation page, and a Facebook Page (though people who know me know I, personally, am not too involved with that entity). And then I know that between MySpace and Pod-o-Matic and things of that ilk, Scott's got about twenty different sites that seem to involve him and/or Monkey Grip in some way or another.

So why the Monkey Blog? What purpose does that server that's different than the rest?

Well, as I've learned from past experience, the best laid plans of blog mice and men don't always work out as intended, and blogs sort of become what they become as need, practice, and response dictates. However, I can tell you what I envision this to be.

I would like to hope that this will become a running commentary of interesting tales and updates of things in Camp Monkey Grip. It's not necessarily to be just another listing of upcoming show or video clips from past shows. I hope through timely and interesting updates, we'll be able to kind of write the history or tell the story of the Monkey Grip saga, only we'll do it as we go along in real time. I'm something of a band historian for all groups I've been involved in, so I imagine we could relay the anecdotes as they happen. That would be kind of cool.

So I encourage everyone to follow this blog or comment on these posts. Indeed, I would love folks to "get involved." That's not just some lame-ass and/or patronizing marketing concept I'm spewing. I mean it sincerely. If we can let you into our world a bit, you'll feel like you know us as a group a bit more, and maybe you'll have more fun when you come down to a show because you'll feel like you're a bit more a part of it. If you have a better time, we'll all have a better time.

I'll have another post coming up shortly after this one, talking about one of our newer songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment